Sephora Digital is seeking to hire an API Engineer, a new position within our growing team.
Sephora Digital is responsible for powering e-commerce and other digital customer experiences across 8 different APAC markets. Our in-house engineering team builds a range of technical products that are backed by powerful and scalable APIs behind the scene.
As an API Engineer, you will be working on APIs that form the backbone for our e-commerce web and mobile applications. You will be primarily responsible for the design, development and scaling of our API and collaborate with a team of backend engineers, client engineers and product managers.
- Ownership of our API design. Conceptualize and enhance our API Interfaces to be intuitive but feature rich.
- Design APIs to be consistent, across different actions, different versions
- Implement the API with Ruby on Rails, our framework of choice
- You are expected to play an active role in planning, estimating the roadmap and ensure seamless delivery
- The API needs to be highly scalable and you will employ a matrix of design choices, caching strategies, optimizing DB dependence and infrastructure suggestions to scale the API
- You will be involved in benchmarking API performance and regular stress test on API
- Implementation of automated unit and contact testing to ensure stability
- Provide L3 Support for API and debug bugs / production issues
- Strong programming fundamentals and demonstrated experience with designing and building customer facing APIs
- Experience with REST, related API paradigms and general development best practices
- Strong knowledge of Ruby is preferred
- Experience with API scaling techniques: Analytical skills to identifying bottlenecks, test solutions including caching and benchmark results
- Strong communication skills to be able to work with cross-functional teams
Sephora Digital SEA (formerly Luxola) is responsible for the e-commerce activities of Sephora across South East Asia, Australia & New Zealand. We provide our employees with a unique opportunity to take on senior responsibilities, accelerate their career path and be part of one of the fastest growing digital businesses in South East Asia, whilst also benefiting from being part of Sephora, a beauty trailblazer, and LVMH, the world leader in luxury. You can read more about Sephora and LVMH at http://www.lvmh.com/group/
Sephora acquired Luxola in July 2015 in order to accelerate its ecommerce capability and to deliver on the promise of omni-channel to consumers across SEA. Sephora Digital maintains an entrepreneurial, technology focused culture, and is a high-growth business unit within the group. Our employees are passionate about building businesses and we seek talent across a range of disciplines as we continue to build our team. The data is definitive: diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.