Accountant, South East Asia
Sephora is looking for an Accountant to join its South East Asia operations due to the growth of our business in the region, and the ongoing development of our regional finance shared service centre in Jakarta. The successful candidate will support the handover and knowledge transfer of accounting work from local finance teams initially and then have the following accountabilities:
• Prepare journal entries and reconciliations to maintain the accuracy of the general ledger including fixed assets, inventory and accruals.
• Ensure all transactions are recorded in accordance with IFRS.
• Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for management and adhere to required deadlines.
• Prepare all Audit Schedules and assist with Audit inquiries
• Prepare statutory compliance submissions including audit, tax and secretarial
• Ensure work is completed in accordance with the Group Internal Control Policies
• Prepare additional reports and ad hoc analysis for management
• Report directly to the Regional Accounting Manager
• Assist the current regional accounting team
• Day-to-day interaction with accountants in Jakarta and in-country accountants.
• Position based in Jakarta
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
• 2+ years of experience in within accounting (preferably with the Big 4)
• CPA/CA preferred
• FMCG or retail industry experience preferred
Attributes & skills
• Strong Communication Skills (Verbal, Written Email)
• Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with accountants and management
• Good analytic and problem solving skills
• Ability to work in fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines
• Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
• At ease in a matrix organisation and with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Fluent in English
• Must be comfortable with Excel
• Large ERP system experience, (SAP preferred).