Sephora Digital, the ecommerce business of Sephora in SEA, seeks to hire a VP, Engineering. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the VP, Engineering will drive the overall engineering output, and will own the software development life cycle, as well as having significant influence on overall product strategy. This is a new position, created in response to the continued rapid growth of the team, and we seek an experienced manager with outstanding technical skills to complement our existing team, to support the implementation of the processes and structures on which our growth is predicated, and to lead the execution of challenging development activities on our comprehensive application roadmap ensuring high quality work and on-time deliver.
Sephora Digital has the only standalone engineering team within LVMH, and thus this represents a unique entry point into a world leading luxury group which is increasingly investing in ecommerce and digital innovation. The right candidate has worked in high growth environments, is an effective advocate for self-built solutions, and has the leadership and project management skills to inspire confidence in others. He or she has likely worked in ecommerce before, and is familiar with South East Asia. He or she will be excited by the opportunity to innovate and to join our company, an emerging omnichannel leader. He or she will be flexible in working style and mindset. It’s a unique opportunity and we seek a unique candidate! For an initial conversation please contact us, to find out more.
Day to day management of our dynamic multi-shore software engineering team, with the Engineering managers reporting directly to you. Working with the CTO to define overall strategy, you will ensure the engineers identify the correct priorities, and you will design and manage an operating structure that allows for highly efficient coherent teams and high quality products. You will coach & mentor the engineers in the team, identify areas of improvement, help them define their career paths and identify development opportunities.
- Overall Software Engineering Output
The engineering team work across multiple products including e-commerce engine, mobile apps, backend systems and more. You will be responsible for the overall software engineering output of the team and you will own the full software development life cycle process
- Process Management
You will look to define and implement software development and organizational processes, that enables efficiency, is scalable and minimizes friction between engineering and other key stakeholders: Product, Architecture, UI/UX, Security, other business units.
- Effective communication and Delegation:
You will be leading a team of 15+ engineers (which is expected to grow rapidly over the next 3 years) with diverse skillsets, personal backgrounds and across multiple time-zones. You’ll communicate and delegate through layers, taking care to make sure everybody on your team understands where we’re going next and why. You will mentor and develop a deeply motivated, diverse and growing team.
You will be responsible for identifying areas of key need, leading the hiring process. You will also work with IT leadership to optimize engineering culture and help attract and retain top talent.
- Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related engineering field
- Demonstrated experience in leading engineering teams that delivered quality products
- Strong and deeply rooted background in technology and in-depth knowledge of development practices
- Proven experience with developing and implementing SDLC and related engineering processes
- Strong communication and people skills and experience working in cross-functional teams
- Strong sense of responsibility
- 5+ years of experience developing web based products
- Experience with e-commerce is strongly preferred; exposure to the interface between bricks & mortar & ecommerce is an advantage
- Experience managing or working with globally distributed remote teams is an advantage